Sunday, January 8, 2006

Starting on the Road

Starting a journey normally requires some planning. You have to get your stuff together, figure out where you are going, and make sure your ride is good to go.

I love motorcylcing. I have 3 bikes. 4, techincally, since I have one that is just for parts. Two of the bikes are yamaha xs1100s, considered by some to be the best bike ever built. The third is a BMW k100rs, which was something of an impulse buy at the end of last summer, when both the Yamahas were down with mechanical problems.

Since then, one of the yamahas, the full dress touring bike, has returned to my garage, and I have been using it more. The BMW is still there, but need a new rear tire. I want to get that in the next couple weeks.

It is January, here in Milwaukee, and winter. But I am still planning on getting out today for a ride. You have to ride, you know. It just makes life a bit more worthwhile.

Be safe, and keep the rubber side down.

No comments:

Post a Comment