Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Expectations

I really try to be wonderful all the time. You would think that is a very laudible goal, but it does seem to create it's own problems. Like when I don't want to be wonderful, but a little selfish and lazy.

It's not all the time I feel that way, of course. But I do feel that way occasionally. I mean, I am used to spending most of my time alone, and I might actually need some alone time to feel healthy. Motorcycling, of course, helps. You can feel very alone on the back of a bike in the middle of nowhere. Especially when the bike stops working. But quiet evenings at home with a book, or just vegging in front of the TV is nice too.

To be selfish, or to be wonderful. I think Shakespeare had the wrong question.

Be safe, and keep the rubber side down.

No comments:

Post a Comment