Monday, December 21, 2009

Breakfast

Sunday I rode all the way (okay, not really far) to Johnny V's Classic
Cafe, near the state fairgrounds in West Allis. Located in a strip mall,
it has a sort of charm. Neon signs and an attempt to conjour the classic
diner feel. They don't quite pull it off, but the food is good and I
enjoyed the company I was meeting.

After breakfast, and some virtual tire kicking (I was the only one to
ride, despite the incredibly mild weather) most of the group headed to
the local Harbor Freight, where a motorcycle lift was on sale. I stayed
a bit longer to discuss the Motorcycle Accident Management program
gaining local momentum. It is currently very HD orientated, causing some
non HD groups to shy away. One of my breakfast-mates is involved in the
program but unable to become a lead instructor, though I would be if I
was interested. I'll have to look into it.

After that I headed to Harbor Freight just in time to load 381lbs of
lift onto the back of a truck. Timing, it seems, is everything. That
done, a small caravan headed off to the destination to unload, while the
other half of the group wandered out of the store, wondering where
everyone went. A brief conversation revealed none of us had the correct
phone numbers to get the destination address, so with shrugs we headed
our separate ways.
--andrewpain

No comments:

Post a Comment