Monday, December 4, 2006

On not riding.

Okay, so the whole point of this blog is about riding a motorcycle year round, and particularly in the winter. I live in Wisconsin, and it gets cold here. And it snows. These are things that I already knew when I got rid of the car.

As I mentioned, a big snowstorm passed through Wisconsin at the end of last week, and the temperatures have been below freezing ever since. Brr. On Saturday I had some errands to run, so I was going to take the bike. As it turns out, my errands were similar to the ones to hers, and so we took the car. It was a bright sunny day, and as good a riding day as I might have hoped for this week.

But I didn't ride. Could've, but didn't. An important part of riding in the winter is to check your ego. I know I am a good rider, I don't have to prove it to anyone by riding out of my snow and ice alley in temps in the teens.

I will be out again. Maybe even tomorrow, and almost certainly on Wednesday, as the BMW should be ready for pick-up then. I will make sure to post something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment